Saturday, February 20, 2010
Eldrick Tont Woods (always wondered if Tiger was his real name), better known as Tiger Woods is/was one of the most successful professional golfers of all time! He was the highest-paid professional athlete in 2008, having earned an estimated $110 million from winnings and endorsements.

Tiger was the man to watch, the one everyone wanted to win. Tiger started golfing at age two. Tiger Woods established several charitable foundations for the youth including The Tiger Woods foundation, The Tiger Woods Learning Center, Tiger Jam, Chevron World Challenge and The Tiger Woods Foundation National Junior Golf Team.

On February 19th, Tiger Woods went on national television with his very emotional apology to the nation and his family. Tiger Woods' spoke saying
I know people want to find out how I could be so selfish and so foolish. People want to know how I could have done these things to my wife, Elin, and to my children.

In response to attacks made on Elin, Tiger Woods' wife Tiger said
Elin has shown enormous grace and poise throughout this ordeal. Elin deserves praise, not blame.

The issue involved here was my repeated irresponsible behavior. I was unfaithful. I had affairs. I cheated. What I did is not acceptable, and I am the only person to blame.

I am extremely impressed with Tiger Woods when he said
As I proceed, I understand people have questions. I understand the press wants to ask me for the details and the times I was unfaithful. I understand people want to know whether Elin and I will remain together. Please know that as far as I'm concerned, every one of these questions and answers is a matter between Elin and me. These are issues between a husband and a wife.

He was unfaithful, that is a sad truth, however, it's a miracle that, at least for now, Tiger Woods is not dragging his family through the mud for his mistakes.

Though I am disappointed with our American hero, I am glad that he manned up and admitted he was wrong, fame and fortune has a way of corrupting people, perhaps Tiger was not above that, like some of us thought.

(Speech excerpts obtained from: TigerWoods.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Facebook

Cat Uncaged on Facebook

Followers