Tuesday, February 23, 2010
We all have things that we are passionate about, things that we would "fight to the death" for. I mean this more in a figurative sense than a literal sense. Some people pick causes like nature or politics while others pick things like religion.

When someone asks me what I am passionate about, I think I have figured out I do not have a single thing that I set my whole life in attaining. I do have many issues that I am willing to lay it all out to someone as in discussion.

Parenting, and healthy kids (by healthy I mean fed, clothed, free of violence and hate) is one of my biggest subjects. I had someone a while back think it was funny to run their mouth and pretend I had kicked my daughter. He was 16 and I don't think he really understood what he could have done with his attitude.
I flipped out, I yelled at him (which is unusual for me) in front of a room full of people (which is even more unusual for me). I told him that he did not realize what he was doing and that (God forbid) someone took him seriously! While he was saying his stupid comments (which he said because he was angry with me) I instantly became scared. I began trembling. I have seen parents lose their childen, and for much less than an angry teens' accusation out of anger. I wanted to cry, but I knew that I had to make a stand. (Which is another story!) he went on for a minute or two, which felt like years. I yelled at him: "You need to stop, you do NOT understand what you're saying." He laughed at me and continued on, and I lost it...

The next day he apologized, and I did break down into tears. I explained what he could have done to my daughter, to me and to our family. I blubbered like a baby. I am 25 years old and a 16 year old made me cry, just like back in highschool, only this time, it was different. This time it was about something that really matters.

Nothing scares me more than having something happen to my baby girl. I know she's not a baby anymore, but she will always be my baby.
I guess, the more I write and think about it, the more I realize that I am concretely passionate about children's wellfare!

There are more subjects that really make my blood boil, but anything to do with my child is going to be the fire under my butt for motivation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Facebook

Cat Uncaged on Facebook

Followers