Thursday, February 18, 2010
Ok, so all too often we hear about how so-and-so wants a baby. Well, honestly, it's a great thing to have a child. They're fun, and cute, and well quite honestly, a lot of damn work.

If you're just looking to impress your friends, Please don't open your legs, continue with your birth control, or even better for the rest of us, get a hysterectomy.
Why is it a baby is a "status symbol". Do people not understand that a child is not a freaking pet?

My daughter is 3 now, time flies so fast. I was blessed with the ability to stay at home with her during these beautiful, yet trying times.

I sat with her the first two weeks of her life as she cried, afraid to be alone, yet not wanting to sleep in bed with us. (A wise child, even at 3 days old) All I could do was cry. I was so scared that I was hurting her in some way that I was too stupid to figure out. Well, she was fine, had her times a little mixed up, but just fine.

I breastfed her for 6 months. I would have preferred longer, but she was not interested. We were constantly in the doctors office, I was afraid of every little hiccup and cough. I was scared that she wouldn't wake up in the morning, you've all heard of SIDS.

My heart was filled with so much love, but yet so much fear. I was scared to death that I was causing her harm in some way. I've met countless mothers, since, that don't care about what "might" be wrong with their children until their condition warrants a visit to the hospital. After they realize that the child's condition is perhaps serious enough to get off their lazy asses and go in, they are all pissed off that their child "ruined their plans".

Damn it all, Your child did not pick to be born. Your child did not choose their parents. The least you could do is show a little love, a little compassion for the fruit of their loins and put the child first!

If you are spreading your legs and having sex, know this, YOU CAN GET PREGNANT. If you do NOT want a child, DO NOT HAVE SEX.

Anyway, your child is NOT a status symbol. A child is a gift, if you choose to receive it. Recognize that your baby is so much more than something to gloat about. Your child will be a lot of work from birth to your death. Motherhood does not stop at 6 p.m. just because you are tired and worked all day, no motherhood is a 24 hour a day 7 day a week job. Whether your child is home, or elsewhere, you are responsible.

Under no circumstances should you have a child just because everyone else is doing it. Under no circumstances should you have a child if you are not prepared for the responsibility and under no circumstances should you have a child if you have not learned to put yourself and your needs second to the baby.

It's not a contest to have a baby. If you have one, please, please, I'm begging you, please have a child out of love, not to show off.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Add to Facebook

Cat Uncaged on Facebook

Followers